Wednesday, July 30, 2008

yeah, I know it's late, but I wanted to post...

Okay, so night four of being the "late girl" and it's really starting to get OOOOOLLLLD!!!  Of course, I don't have to get up early which is nice...

The guests were up until about 1:15 this evening -- they had invited some friends over for some cocktails, and the party lasted until the wee hours of the morning.  I didn't mind serving them because everyone was in a great mood and already hammered -- singing karaoke to Elton John and relaxing in the hot tub.  It is actually kind of fun to watch everyone get drunk... hehehe...

Oh yeah, and I have to tell you -- these people are JUST like the rest of the world...  in fact, one of the guests told me tonight that her favorite food is PIZZA!!!  This woman has two kids and drinks liquor... she's been around the world and tried all sorts of foods and her FAVORITE of EVERYTHING is PIZZA?!  OOOOOoohhh-kaaaaaaay... Case in point - having money doesn't make you any less normal or more special than anyone else...   

OH!    GOOD NEWS!!  I made it sea-sick free from the voyage yesterday!  WAHOO!!  About half-way through, I took the bracelet off because it was stinging the shit out of me...  I was fine after that... and I didn't need any Bonine.  In FACT, I think the meds make me feel WORSE than anything.  That's not to say that I've grown a beautiful set of sea legs just YET, but they are definitely sprouting...

In other news, I had the COOLEST encounter with whales yesterday during the voyage!  They ended up getting about 15-20 feet from the boat...  I almost CRIED it was such a moving experience.  I got some pictures, but they aren't as great as seeing them first hand...  there is something about hearing the blowing and seeing the tail slapping the water that is just magical...  Besides, my camera is slow and unreliable, so some of the pics turned out bad.  BUT, I was able to crop, so I hope I've been able to capture just a TASTE of what it looked like.














There is so much more I'd like to say right now... but I'm just too exhausted to do anything else... I got up at 7 this morning and have only had a one and a half hour break all day... didn't even eat dinner and I'm WIPED OUT!

SOOOO.... I'll have to save my comments on the whales for another day... Good night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laina! June here - I'm one of the "phantom" readers, I suppose. I haven't left any comments, but, sure have enjoyed reading your journal of "life at sea". Wow, what a great experience you must be having! I want to be Laina!! That's what I told your Dad the other day. Just returned from Dallas where it was 105 degrees. Thought I had died and gone to hell! Yikes! Anyway, keep us all posted on your activities. Will you be able to travel home once this "gig" is up? Let us know, okay? Take care and stay safe. Have fun too! Love, June

Roberta said...

Girl what are you talking about those pics are great!