Wednesday, July 23, 2008

the boat moved and I didn't get sea sick!!!

We anchored out today.  Our guests had guests of their own, three kids included, so we took a trip around the corner to anchor out and give them a chance to jet ski and play in the water.  I started to freak out when we backed away from the dock, but I decided that I wasn't going to let it get to me... I just moved slowly and kept about my work.  Miraculously I didn't get queasy!  

I got kindof down today.  Hid out in the laundry room for a while and kept myself busy with the massive amounts of ironing and washing to do.  Hiding behind the laundry seems to be a safe way to stay out of Kaki's path sometimes.  Not that she's hard to work with...  I just feel like sometimes my work isn't "good enough" for her standards.  Case in point:  today I was left to guest service while Donna Marie and Kaki both went on break for about two hours.  No problem.  Kaki left me the task to prepare for dinner, so I had to polish all the silver trays and platters.  No problem.  The guests had me making their drinks, I polished all the platters, folded the napkins... I was pretty frikkin proud of myself.  No problems whatsoever.  Until this evening when Kaki wanted to change into her black blouse that was in the laundry bag she had given me this morning.  Oops.  Seems I failed to keep the laundry going two floors below me in my attempt to serve my guests their wine, beer, and mixed drinks.  My freaking bad.  She didn't yell or scream, but I wish she had told me that she needed that laundry finished and it would have been done.  Oh well...  Usually I try not to take these things personally, but when I screw up, I DO take it personally...  

So now its 10:23 and it feels like 3 am....  My feet are throbbing, and I just want to take a hot bath... do you think anyone would notice if I sneaked into the master bath's jacuzzi?  hehehe...  I've been wanting to be a bit naughty on this boat.  Everyone is always so well-behaved.  

Tomorrow I have a three-hour break, and if we're not anchored out again (which I doubt we'll be), I'll be taking a walk into town to check out the cute shops.  Not that I have ANY money to buy anything with, but there's no charge for looking, right?

I just realized that if I were living my old life, I would be having "back to school nightmares"...  no really!  I'd be dreaming about horrible students and showing up to school without my clothes on and all sorts of frightening things.  To those of you teaching buddies out there, know that I am thinking about you, and I'll try to miss my old stomping grounds, but I have to warn you, I probably won't.  These dogs may be achin' but not that bad.

I noticed today that I have had 315 hits on my site!  CRAZY!  Who's been reading my blog?  I've only gotten a handful of comments, so those of you phantom readers -- SHOW YOURSELF!

Send me some luv...

No comments: