Saturday, July 19, 2008

ouch...

Okay, so today wasn't AS bad as yesterday, but my feet feel like they've been turned inside out...  I really need some better shoes.  Since I have FLAT feet, I need more support and cushioning than most other people.  I guess I'll just have to suffer until I can afford some new ones.  Right now, I've slathered Peppermint and Rosemary Foot Lotion on my sore dogs and I'm keeping them elevated.

So, I have to be up and out by 6:30 tomorrow morning... I'm the early girl, so I get to set up for breakfast, and eagerly await another day of cleaning toilets every time someone pees, swabbing out showers every time someone bathes, and keeping everything stocked.  Actually, I rather enjoy doing one or the other, but it's hard for me to switch gears from working solo to turning on the charm...  If I could have one day to be housekeeper -- heads and beds, as we in the industry call it -- and another day to be service stew, I would LOVE that...  I think that's what the basic routine is going to boil down to eventually, but both Donna Marie and I have SO much to learn about where everything is located and how everything is run...

Speaking of how things are run, I've been thrown into learning silver service without my even realizing it.  When I interviewed with crew agents, I specifically said that I didn't think I wanted to learn silver service quite yet.  WEEEEELLLLLLL!!!!  Guess WHAT!!!  I'M DOIN IT!!  I'm serving from the left, clearing from the right.  I'm putting knives facing the plate, dessert forks and coffee spoons up top, folding the napkins in cool shapes... ALL this for EVERY meal!!!   And, I actually kind of like it!  I feel more sophistocated (even though I can't spell it!)... despite the fact that I'm the servant here... not actually getting to sit down and enjoy the atmosphere...  Maybe one day I'll meet my own Aristotle Onassis an I'll be able to vacation on gorgeous mega-yachts like this one...  Aw, Hell, I'm too simple a girl to enjoy gold filigree sinks and French travertine showers... and a bath tub with a fountain coming out of the wall...

Chris made ribs tonight, and Mommy, I'm sorry, but I admit that I relished every bite...  I'm getting his recipe to send to you because it was DIVINE!!!!  I'm so fortunate to have Kaki around to help me behave with my diet...  she'll pull me aside and tell me to stay away from the "poison" cookies or that the homemade croissants are awful when in reality they melt in your mouth AND have chocolate in them!!!!!  I'm telling you, CHRIS is the MAGIC MAN!!!  

OKay, Mr. Sandman has smacked me upside the head, so I'm headed off to dreamland...  5:45 comes early, but it's the latest I can sleep before I HAVE to get up.  I've taken two tylenol, hoping they will kick in and I can get some good rest despite the waves pummeling the side of the boat...  that reminds me.  I need to get a picture of our view before we leave on Monday... it's positively magical...  

Good night, sweet dreams...   

No comments: