Monday, July 28, 2008

So far... so good...

Okay, so we've been underway for almost four hours, and I haven't puked yet...  My left hand is twitching from this fancy-smancy motion sickness bracelet, and I have to keep myself from getting hot, but other than that, it's been smooth sailing.  I honestly think this bracelet is more a psychological thing.  The tingling through my hand is keeping my mind off the swirling in my stomach... Hey!  I'm all for whatever works!!

I only have about 15 minutes left of my break, and then its the TRUE test of my abilities.  Kaki said everyone is up on the fly bridge (the very top deck), and its breezy and cool up there.  GOOD!  AND, they're drinking like fish.  Surprise, surprise!!!  They've been going through Absolut like it was water -- at LEAST a bottle a day.

Remember a couple days ago I said I'd be having school nightmares right about now?  Yeah, I had one last night... it was weird.  I showed up as a student, but I didn't have my shoes, and there was no way to get to my classes without walking over squishy mud or sharp rocks.  It was weird...

Anyway, I'm hoping that maybe I can work well enough that I can get off early tonight?  I'd love to play my guitar and relax a little around everyone else.  Every time I'm in the crew mess, everyone is either asleep or working!  Oh well...

Gotta run... 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, hate to break it to ya about the dreams...I am 35 and still have dreams of being a student in college and showing up for class..and they were taking the final exam and I NEVER went to the class!!!
Keep writing girl! I hope your tummy holds out for ya today!
LUV YOU!
Peggy

Roberta said...

Hey girl so about your dream, dreaming of school means "To dream that you are in school, signifies feelings of inadequacy and childhood insecurities that have never been resolved. It may relate to anxieties about performance and abilities. You may also be going through a "spiritual learning" To dream that you are in college, indicates that you are going through some social or cultural changes. hope this helps!

Lisa who thinks too much said...

You know I didn't have the "preplanning nightmares" until you mentioned it. Now I'm having them every night. Thanks A LOT! I'm not dreaming about difficult students though. I'm dreaming about getting fired. Teaching social studies during an election year is a challenge for me. I have to be team leader this year too. Glad I have the Effexor. You sound like you need some. Are you still taking your meds, young lady?

Love ya,
Lisa