Saturday, July 26, 2008

I'm growing sea legs...

Hey there, 

We've been in Nantucket since yesterday afternoon.  Good news!!  I didn't get sick on the ride!!  I felt light headed a little bit, so I laid down out of preventive measures.  I'm thinking all that was due to the Bonine I took...  Next voyage, I'm just wearing bracelets...  

Was SOOOO tired today because I stayed up until one this morning playing guitar for Mark, the first mate.  He was making a wish list for the shipyard, and I was in my bunk practicing...  He hollered at me to practice in the crew mess, so I picked up everything and played in there.  One song turned into twenty and before I knew it, Mark had stopped working and was staring at me enjoying the music.  It was funny.  After every song, he said, "That was awesome!"  And then he'd promise to not say anything again, and then he'd say it again anyway.  

So, this morning I wasn't in any mood to be messed with... and of course, Kaki was in a mood to nit-pick at everything I did...  there were spots on the mirror, the glasses weren't polished enough, I should have dusted, blah, blah, blah...  whatever.  I've gotten numb to her constant nit picking to where now I just smile, nod, and forget about it.  I mean honestly...  I'm frikkin human.  If I miss one spot on a HUGE glass shower...  are the guests REALLY going to care or notice all that much?  Most likely not, and if they WOULD...  well... I won't say what they should do.  ANyway, after my afternoon nap, I was MUCH more chipper and ready to face the day.  Too bad the family (who had been drinking all day) went to bed by 10 PM!  

So, we're in Nantucket -- whaling capital of the world, and Herman Melville's home.  I'm sad that we leave on Monday, and I will not be able to see anything...  I imagine I won't be able to leave until late tomorrow because of... well, just because.  And Nantucket seems like the COOLEST place to visit so far!!  Oh well...  I'll be back another day.

Okay, my feet are killing me, my back aches, and I'm exhausted.  SO, I'm going to put some foot cream on, already have a heating pad on my back, and I'm taking some Tylenol PM and heading for bed...  A girl needs her beauty sleep...

Love ya!

No comments: