Monday, July 14, 2008

and the winner is...

Watched the Miss Universe pageant with Phil, Tac, and Mark tonight...  I swear, watching the pageant with three nationalities represented was quite an experience!  Funny thing was the winner - Miss Venezuela - shocked us ALL!  Phil and I had our hopes set on Miss Mexico and Tac was rooting for Miss Dominican Republic...  

Anyway, it was interesting watching with guys, too... they tend to have a different take on things.  At one point, Mark made a comment and Phil looked at me like he was in trouble!  I just sunk in my chair and covered my ears.  I guess I've been accepted as one of the guys although sometimes they still make me turn red.  

Job hunt starts hot and heavy tomorrow...  going by the agencies to get my name in their minds, going by the docks to hand out resumes, and possibly stopping by Quarterdeck and Red Lobster to get a temporary job until things pick up here in the marinas...  Everyone keeps saying that everything will work out okay, so I have to trust that it will.  I know it will, but I need a timeline...  WHEN will everything be okay?  I'm not eating dirt yet, but I have to find something soon or I WILL be!!!!  EEEEEK!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know it probably feels like you're treading water (like the relevant metaphor?), but you still have another paycheck coming. Everything will be ok. Getting a temporary job at a restaurant sounds like a good idea. If for nothing else but to give you peace of mind. And for heaven's sake, don't watch beauty pageants! They just objectify women. I absolutely HATE those things.