Sunday, July 13, 2008

one hard core day...

Rain started pouring on the way to the beach, so we didn't go. Got stranded at CVS for about half an hour before I'd had enough, so I trekked it home and ended up a drowned rat... soaked to the skin. Haven't warmed up since, but oh well.  Everyone else followed me about 15 minutes later.

May go to Red Lobster tomorrow to look for a temporary job until things pick up around here. My friend's wife manages the restaurant, so... maybe it will sustain me until something more permanent comes along...

I'm looking at going to an open mike night tomorrow evening... there are three options before me... One bar that is close but "hard core" (as Phil would say), and two that are coffee shops and more artsy, but father away... I'd have to drive to the coffee shops versus take the bus to the close but hard core one... I don't know... I don't really like to perform at taverns and bars because my music isn't exactly "crowd pleaser"... it's enjoyable, but it isn't a sing-along-and-jam sort of music. It's more thoughtful and contemplative... In other words, it will put you to sleep unless you've got caffeine to keep you going.  Alcohol + my music = Sleep!!

It's almost time for the open bar at Embassy, but I don't know if people are going to want to go or not. I SWEAR! These people can drink like NOBODY's business!! I haven't had a DESIRE to drink the past few days, and I haven't had nearly as much as they did!  They're going to pickle their livers at the rate they are going...

I think I'm going to take a nap...  it's been a hard core day.

No comments: