Sunday, July 27, 2008

I miss my guitar...

Okay, so we are scheduled to leave Nantucket tomorrow morning... for an 8-9 hour ride to Boston.  All I can say is, "Please, GOD, let it be smooth sailing!!!!!"  Kaki broke out the $100 motion sickness bracelet to hopefully keep me from ralphing the whole ride...  I've been "the late girl" for the past two nights, and I'll be the late girl again tomorrow night to make up for the time I'm potentially down tomorrow...  

Had another mood dip today...  started tearing up basically feeling sorry for myself...  I swear, lately I've been either pissed off or pitying myself.  I HATE it.  The only time I'm happy is when I'm alone or with the guests.  I honestly think that Kaki and Donna Marie think I'm retarded when it comes to service.  Okay, so I'm not an impeccable cleaner... I leave spots in the shower...  But, shit...  I'm still learning, okay?!  Whatever...  I'm quickly becoming numb to the lectures.  I'm not stupid or inept.  

As stated before....  I miss my guitar.  The other night was SO much fun playing and singing for Mark...  Tim (the engineer) stopped me yesterday to tell me that Mark had been saying how much he enjoyed my music...  Tim made me promise that the next time I get my guitar out, I have to call him.  Hehehe...  

The crew is quickly becoming my family...  Shelton, the deckhand, is SO sweet and cute... almost like a little brother.  He told me last night about a dock girl he was interested in, but he was afraid he'd be rejected.  I of course, had to play big sister and tell him how wonderful he was and she'd be missing out if she did reject him.  Then there's Chris, the chef who is grumpy every morning...  I honestly never know what to expect from him.  One minute, he'll be short and curt with me, and the next minute, he's play fighting with me in the kitchen... Crazy boys...  and Mark, the first mate, always makes me say good morning to him and calls me "gorgeous" and "love" in one of those Philly accents...  Its weird...  I've folded all their clothes, made Chris's coffee...  I know what sizes they wear and whose underwear is whose...  I iron their shirts every day...  Its weird, I know, but I really enjoy taking care of them...  they're like my brothers.  We laugh together, watch TV together...  do dishes together.  I guess the crew house was a good preparation for living on a boat with guys...  they are definitely slobs, but they are endearing in a way. 

Ugh, I'm getting mushy...  

I was able to leave the boat for a few minutes today.  Found some REALLY cute shops and took some pictures of Nantucket...  I haven't uploaded them yet, but maybe I will tomorrow...  the town is PRECIOUS with cobblestone streets and cute little weather-beaten store fronts.  The hydrangeas were blooming...  the perfect little coastal town.  

Tomorrow we are headed for Boston.  Tuesday we are supposed to host a cocktail party...  that'll have Kaki in a tizzy for sure...  and we'll be in Maine by the weekend.  I wonder if we'll make all these stops again on the way back down? 

Good night...  

No comments: