Monday, August 11, 2008

Sneaky, Sneaky!!

Hey there...  I'm hiding out in my cabin for a few minutes...  I'm service girl right now, but Kaki is taking care of the guests.  We're in a holding pattern for now.  We THOUGHT we'd serve a late lunch, early supper and not have any formal dinner tonight, but Mr. and Mrs. came back having had appetizers at the restaurant...  Oh whatever.  I'm early off tonight, so I just hope to be done with everything fairly quickly...

This family is SO sweet...  Mr. told Kaki yesterday that he wanted all of the crew to visit a certain clothing store on the island and pick out whatever we wanted.  Little did we know that the clothes in the store were fashions direct from Europe...  the guys mostly got button down shirts with fantastic detailing and silky soft fabric.  We girls had a more difficult time because the store was a MENs clothing store, but I walked out with a redish-coral sweater that is OH SO SOFT...  I shall thoroughly enjoy wearing this!  

We are now down to seven days left on the charter...  The whole crew is happy to be done with this trip, although we WILL miss the family.  They have been wonderful to work with, and they are already asking about chartering again in January.  Word has it, they've been chartering for about five years, and they've never chartered the same boat twice... so THAT, my friends, is a GREAT sign.  

Last night was an exhausting night.  Don't know WHY it was so tiring, but I'm so grateful that Shelton agreed to keep watch while I laid down for a bit.  I think we're all just getting tired.  Mark about popped is top yesterday because Nantucket recycles and nobody on the boat knows what to do, Shelton is stoked about his vacation home after the charter, and Kaki and Phil are gearing up for a stint in Europe.  Suffice to say, we all need a couple days off...  hell, half the time I don't know what DAY it is unless I look at a calendar... and I honestly feel like I've been on this charter for forever... 

Kaki has been talking to me about the trip down to Ft. Lauderdale.  Apparently, things are WAAAAY different when we are underway like that.  First, everyone has watch shifts -- usually three or four hours at a time.  Second, if the seas get rough, everyone sleeps in the staterooms!  (That's about the ONLY reason why I'd want rough seas...)  Also, word has it we are stopping off in New York for maybe a day and night...  THAT should be a blast!  I've already got some cute "going out" clothes, but I need a pair of shoes...  Also there have been rumors that we may stop off in Charleston as well...  I LOVE CHUCK-TOWN!!!

What else?  Oh, I dunno...  I'm SOOOOOO tired today...  I was able to sleep a bit later than usual because everyone was out so late last night, but I got up earlier than my scheduled time to help out with cabins... Early girl usually doesn't a break, so I'm hoping that everyone will scarf down their food and hit the bars...  I want to GET OFF THE BOAT again!!!  

Tomorrow we leave for Sag Harbor...  that's in New York / Hamptons area.  I'm looking forward to that port, too.  Actually, I've had no complaints on ANY of these places...  They've all be very nice and charming in their own ways.  

Hannah Leigh is officially left for college now...  Mommy and Clifton moved her things up to UGA today.  Funny how time has flown by.  Seems like yesterday she was graduating from high school!  Now, she's attending the big, bad university where she'll be a little squirt again...  I am PRAYING for her safety and success...  honestly, the sheer size of that school terrifies me.  But, she's a smart girl, so...

I'm gonna sneak a nap before Kaki misses me...  Later...  Oh, and I still owe you those pics... 

No comments: