Sunday, August 3, 2008

I'm truly AMAZED...

I was checking out my profile views and it seems I've had over 1000 hits on my blog!! THAT'S INSANE!!! I'm not going to beg you to leave me a message, but I will tell you that it makes my day...

Anyway, today was a fairly easy day. Everyone left the boat by 9:00 a.m. and we anchored outside of Ogunquit, Maine. The ladies had a hat party to attend, and it was an all day affair. No problem for us!! I got a four hour break from the deal, so I was happy. The break was wonderful, too, considering the pitching and rolling of the boat. Apparently we got stuck in quite a swell that rendered the 160' megayacht helpless in the water... the Sky Lounge see-sawed back and forth preventing us from walking in a straight line or getting much work at all. My stomach stayed in tact, but my head jiggled like a bowl of Jello.

My mom and dad both sent me the sweetest emails today. Honestly, they brought a tear to my eye! It isn't until those moments that I really miss home. But, only a few weeks left and I'll be back for a short time. Mommy sent me words of encouragement that she is so good at giving (when she isn't lecturing me about my finances!), and Daddy encouraged me to keep writing. Well, here I am! It may be rough and uncensored, but the best writing seldom comes in neat little packages. I've been taking more pictures... I keep my camera with me in the Sky Lounge so I can run outside and snap a picture when photo ops come available. Just those little pictures are poems and stories in themselves. They conjure such a vast array of emotions that I'm feeling right now -- independence, adventure, loneliness, serenity, stress! I've especially become fascinated with the lighthouses that seem to dot the coastline. They seem like such pillars of strength and warmth -- even in the daytime. Even though I've never been inside one, they seem to comfort me.

Oh, there I go rambling again... It seems sleep is taking over again, but every time I close my eyes, the boat rocks back and forth making me feel like I've been drinking too much. The only thing I've had today is water, I PROMISE!

I hope that maybe tomorrow will be another light day. We'll be moving to another marina -- closer to the Portland action -- and the Mr. and Mrs. have offered to take the girls at least out to Barnacle Billy's for fresh Maine lobster since the boys singlehandedly ate the entire six pounds of lobster the Mr. sent back for the crew. I swear... those boys are a mess. Apparently, Billy's is where the Bush family likes to eat... which, by the way, we saw their boat entourage pass by us on our way to Ogunquit.

Okay, 8:30 comes waaaaay too early for my liking. Gotta jet. Send me some love, even if you just stumbled on my page... let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm happy to hear that you are kicking seasicknesses ass :) it's a shame it was your hat party to attend, sounds cute ... kim and i miss you much ! keep having fun and make momma proud

Anonymous said...

I am not a blog reader, but with a love for yachts, I am going to start reading yours! Tell the cap it is time for the Zero speed stabilizers. See you in Portland later in the week!