Friday, August 8, 2008

I'm a sneaky little bugger...

hehehehe....  I've sneaked into my cabin to write a few lines this morning before things get hoppin...  Kaki is taking care of the guests, Donna Marie is cleaning all TWO cabins, I've washed, restocked, reorganized, folded and ironed about everything on the boat, so I'm taking a breather... even though I'll have a break at one today.

Anyway, as I was setting up breakfast this morning, I was reminded once again about why I love this job.  We're in Boston Harbor, and even though it's been dreary and rainy since we arrived, there was something calm and serene about the scene this morning.  The seagulls were crying out, the fog rolling in, and the water lapping on the docks.  In the distance, I heard the industrial sounds of cars and machinery.  Runners pounded the pavement around the docks as business men sipped coffee and read the paper at a nearby shop.  Yes, I would have rather been nestled in my little triangle-shaped bed, but I couldn't ignore the tranquility around me.  Almost as though all was right with the world.  The city is beautiful in the morning -- even a cloudy morning like this one.

If the rain holds off a while, I'm going to take my guitar to the Boston Commons to play...  no open case or anything, just a little lunch-hour jam session...  Maybe I'll get someone to take a picture of me playing?   

No comments: