Tuesday, August 12, 2008

PICTURES!!!

Okie dokie...  so I'm doing gangway watch... basically, I'm keeping an eye on the dock to make sure our guests don't return without our knowledge...  Boring, but I have to stay here, and I can get on my computer, so I'm game...

Anyway, I thought I would post some pictures... the Provincetown ones that I owe you all and some regarding life on board...  So without further ado...  My pictures. 

Provincetown -- Notice all the rainbow flags??  And I thought Pride Weekend was FLAMING!

As if things couldn't get ANY more crazy, I saw this store front.  

Shelton, a.k.a Spiderman, scrubbing the side of the boat...  does this look fun?  Shelton would GLADLY give up the privilege.  
I am eating a BABY OCTOPUS!  It's chewy, and a strange texture...  I can only eat one at a time, honestly...  

Mr. Bigglesworth, the captain's African grey parrot...  he's SOOOOO cute!  Even though he snips at me all the time.  I just talk to him and keep my fingers away.


Went out on the town last night...  it was fun, but I had a HELLUVA time getting going this morning.  I started out with Mark and Chris hanging around the Nantucket docks, and then I got a text from Kaki telling me that Mr. and Mrs. were going to the Chicken Box and wanted me to join them.  I'd been wanting to check the little hole in the wall myself, so we grabbed a cab and headed over.  It was a dodgy bar...  pool tables on one side and dance floor on the other.  Beer flowed as freely as the laughter, and the band... well it was a Bruce Springsteen cover band...  and they weren't much better than the Boss himself.  Mr. and Mrs. are SUCH fun to hang out with!  There was a shuffleboard game at the bar that they kept playing...  it was MUCH harder than it looked because the board was sprinkled with silica to keep the discs from sticking...  THAT only meant that every disc I threw only sailed off the side of the table...  I don't know my own strength...  But after about six games, I started getting the hang of it.  

So, this evening, we are docked at Sag Harbor, New York...  near the Hamptons.  The weather is perfect, atmosphere is nice...  an American Legion post is at the end of the dock, and a band is playing old tunes...  How quaint!  I'm itching to get off the boat in this town, but I don't know when we leave, and I've decided that -- after last night -- ten o'clock is my curfew.  

Shelton's out here now... going to turn some laundry over and hang in the crew mess...  maybe Mr. and Mrs. will be out listening to the band... hehehe.

No comments: