Saturday, August 2, 2008

And yet another victory!

Docked in Portsmith, New Hampshire tonight... NO SEASICKNESS!!!!!!! I wore my shock bracelet for about 2 hours before I ripped it off... Was able to work through the entire trip...

This evening I was invited to drinks with the captain... had a GREAT time and was able to see the crew in a different light... Captain Phil, Kaki, Mark, and Chris were all there. Kaki came across as VERY different from how she is during the day... I could see myself becoming friends with her, and my respect for her grew a bit tonight. Mark and Chris were just as they have always been on the boat... goofy and sweet. Phil said something to me that I will treasure ALWAYS. He put his arm around me and told me that he was VERY proud of how I was doing on this charter. He knew that the past few days had been hard and I've been learning a LOT, but I've shown myself to be a great stewardess and he's very happy with how things are going. That means the WORLD to me right now as I'm struggling with whether or not I'm doing a good job. Kaki noticed tonight that sometimes I sigh... not necessarily out of frustration or exasperation (in my opinion), but just from being overwhelmed... Kaki told me as well that I'm doing a great job and she's happy that I'm here. It really helps to hear something like that.

Anyway, again tonight I'm exhausted. I have to get up in just a few hours and I'm dreading it. I'm the late girl tomorrow night, and I don't know what to expect... the ladies are going to a hat party tomorrow, so its a toss-up whether they will be out late or not... plus, we should be moving tomorrow evening, so...??? At any rate, I'm beginning to be attached to this crew... as difficult as the first few days have been, I am starting to gel with their dynamics... Chris is moody -- especially the morning after a drinking spree... Mark is just a hard nut to crack, but put a drink in his hand and he's Chatty Cathy... Kaki is just plain stressed... and Phil is a true British gentleman -- think Mr. Darcy but much sweeter and less mysterious.

Okay, so I sign off tonight tired, happy, yet nervous about what tomorrow may bring. Oh, and I still need to talk about the whales...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But the mystery is what made Darcy so hot :o) haha

Glad things are going well...

Miss you lots my friend.

Love.