Tuesday, October 14, 2008

there is hope in the universe...

Started off the morning with a bike ride half-way to "marina mile" to do some dock walking with Carrie before I realized that I wouldn't be able to get into the shipyards.  Besides that my tootie was wailing in pain, my bike had no breaks, and the tire was going flat...  So, I turned around.  

On the way back to my crew house, I stopped into the Crew Unlimited office to see about a couple jobs I was interested in.  Got some more information, but nothing super exciting.  Once Carrie came home -- she was following up on a job lead at one of the shipyards -- she said that she stopped by Roscioli to see the Aquasition crew.  Chris was still sick.  She threw together some AWESOME soup -- onions, garlic, thyme, sage, lemon, chicken stock, veggie bullion, and rice noodles -- and we took it over to the sick boy.  I was a little jealous that I couldn't cook like that.  One day, maybe.  

Anyway, we piled in on Chris whether he wanted us to or not.  I think he was happy for the company.  I pestered him to drink lots of fluids, he complied to a certain extent.  We watched Zohan (silly movie...  not one I'd see again) and all crashed for a little while.  By 4:30 the crew tumbled in.  Carrie and I lingered for a while longer, but nothing was happening, so we said our farewells.  

While I was over there, I did get a call about a job on a 130' yacht going to the Caribbean.  The atmosphere sounds great, and I'm looking forward to the interview tomorrow.  If the interview goes well, I'll be asked to work with them getting the boat ready for the boat show and then perhaps to stay on for the charter season!  YES!!

Now, I'm sitting in the crew house while the guys grill outside, listening to a little Van Morrison, and just hanging with the peeps...  I have an interview tomorrow, DESPERATELY need to do some laundry, and I can't seem to get full... I raided Chris's fridge eating some of Carrie's soup, chips and salsa, a ham sandwich...  then I got home and ate a couple pieces of chocolate, four slices of cheese...  and I'm still hungry.  I need something starchy...  like a doughnut or something.  BUT, if I eat that all the exercise I've been getting biking and walking everywhere will be for NOTHING...  oh, but a hot glazed doughnut would be SO scrumptious right now.

Okay... going to Dunkin' Drug-Laced Doughnuts up the street... I'll take a dozen to Chris... maybe that will make him feel better... I'll stop by the gas station and pick up some orange juice.. and maybe I'll bring my guitar to serenade him with my healing voice.

No comments: