Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween 2008

Okay....  so the crew house is hoppin' tonight as everyone (mostly the guys) gets dressed in their costumes...  so far, we have two knights, a Spartan, Superman/Clark Kent, Saturday Night Fever, William Warren, a redneck sheriff, Risky Business, a witch, and a pirate...  What am I going to be?  A COUCH POTATO!  I'm not leaving the house tonight since I'm so strapped for cash...  I did have a couple costume ideas though...  a Greek goddess, a bathing beauty...  a shacker (a girl who goes home with a guy at the end of the night)...

It has been fun coming up with ideas for the guys...  the girls of course already had their costumes.  The boys went shopping for their costumes around 7:30 this evening, and those caught with nothing after Dollar Tree closed we stuck with whatever we had in the house which was *surprisingly* a lot!  Simon provided Charlie with a suit so he could be Superman; Kelly made John's toga so he could be Leonidas; John lent Kelly a white dress shirt so she could be Tom Cruise in Risky Business...  tonight truly was a team effort.

Everyone seems to be leaving -- FINALLY!! -- so I can carry on with my "costume" of the evening... a pathetic couch potato.  I've got some ice cream in the freezer, raid the boys' beer stash (they'll never realize it's gone), watch Ghost Hunters Live -- a Halloween tradition since last year.  Sounds depressing, I know, but it's not too bad.  I don't have the money to blow on cab rides, cover charges, overpriced alcohol, and a 2 am Denny's run.  

I had to call my mom to ask for money today.  I've never done that before.  I've always been the one to send HER money.  It was hard to say the words, and I braced myself for a lecture, but I was surprised that she didn't seem to bat an eye.  I promised her that I'd pay her back as soon as I had a job, and she assured me that it was no big deal.  Still...  I hate asking for help.

No comments: