Sunday, October 19, 2008

Exhausted but Happy

I don't really know how to start this off, but I figured I hadn't written in a few days, so I was due.  This weekend was another great one spent with Chris.  He's still fighting his cold, and I think I'm starting to get it myself... I'm getting a scratchy throat and a cough here and there.  Of course, it could be related to all the smoking I've been around since I've gotten down here...  Yuck.

Anyway, I spent the entire day at the beach yesterday.  Chris and I went to John Lloyd State Park (the same beach we went to last week) with Mark, Boysie, Carrie, and Jane (our friend from New Zealand).  Mark, Chris, and Jane went diving for lobsters while Boysie, Carrie, and I hit the bar and beach...  they dove for around two hours!  And, for their efforts, they brought back one lobster, some great stories, and a bit more knowledge on how best to catch the little buggers.  

This morning, Chris and I had the lobster in an omelet -- YUM!  

I've been doing a little more writing lately...  some poetry and narratives... just some private things that I don't intend to show many if anyone...  I'm glad that the creative juices are flowing again...  Chris and I were talking about it last night, and I thought of a few things I could write about -- silly things like drinking with the guys, time spent with Chris...  

OH!  Friday night, I met up with the boys (Chris, Tim, and Boysie) at The Well.  The boys had been there for a few hours, so they were buzzing pretty well, and Tim pulled me aside and told me that if I didn't try out for American Idol, he'd never talk to me again.  Funny man.  He even offered to pay for voice lessons to improve my vocals!  But he said I didn't need to waste my "talent"...  whatever that may be.  Honestly, I play guitar and sing because I love it...  I love the songs I sing, and that in turn gives me the passion and drive to sing well.  I wonder sometimes if I could sing even if I wasn't "feeling" it... 

Anyway, I'm at Chris's house hiding out in his room...  the guys are watching the Indie car race, the sky is grey and cloudy, and I'm chillin with Blossom Dearie and Lena Horne...  I think I might pick up my guitar and crank out some tunes out by the pool.  Trouble is, I don't have my music with me and I can never remember the chords!  Some rocker I'll be if I have to have a music stand on stage with me!!  Tehehe...  

No comments: