Thursday, October 9, 2008

Flying South for the Winter...

Well, I arrived yesterday, and honestly it was a comfort to be back in Fort Lauderdale.  I'm currently sitting in the crew house with bad rap blaring out of the stereo, some cheesy game show on TV and people EVERYWHERE.  Yep, I HAVE ARRIVED!  

Once we got in, Chris and I met up with Mark, Boysie, and Tim at the Well.  We had some drinks and caught up.  I didn't realize how much I MISSED those boys!  It's too bad I won't be joining them on charter this season.  I'll be sad when we have to part.

Chris simply didn't want to go back to work yet, so we hung out at the beach today -- despite the fact that it was cloudy and rather gloomy.  As a result, the beach was relatively deserted and calm...  Niiiiice!  

We ate lunch at Bubba Gump and talked a lot about education -- a topic that I'm rather passionate about given my previous vocation.  I worried that I would bore Chris to death with my ranting, but he kept up nicely.  Not that I didn't think he COULD... it's just that sometimes what I'm passionate about seems to be rather boring to others.  Apparently not so with Chris.  Good.

So, I'm staying in tonight...  I'm rather tired after all the excitement of the past few days.  Tomorrow starts the job search - HOT N' HEAVY, BABY!  I'll be making my rounds to the crew agencies, putting my face in their heads, lobbying for a J-O-B!  It seems that most of the people in this house have jobs or are finding some day work.  Maybe I'll get lucky.

Another important issue on my to-do list is finding a costume for Halloween.  Yes, it's 3 weeks away, but STILL!  The past two years I've been the same thing, a gypsy, and I pull it off well.  But, this year I'm thinking of something a little different...  I'd like to utilize my hair maybe be an 80s rocker or something?  Of course, the guys' eyes perked up when I tried on Boysie's glasses last night.  Tehehe.  Maybe I'll be a librarian or teacher or something?  I'll make my decision once I get to a thrift store and see what's available. 

I think I'm gonna take a bit of a nap before things crank up tonight... of course, most people may not get crazy tonight since they have to work tomorrow...  That's fine.  I'm not really in the mood to party.  

No comments: