Friday, October 10, 2008

Back on the Job Hunt...

Spent the day pounding the pavement with Carrie.  We visited all the crew agencies -- Crew Network, Crew Unlimited, IYT, Luxury Yacht Group -- and sweated like whores in church...  But it felt like a productive day.  By noon, we were drenched and ready for something cool, so we ate a quick bite and went to the Aquasition crew house's pool!

That was exactly what we needed, so after about an hour and a half there, we trekked the three blocks back to our house and showered off.  I've been perched on my bed ever since -- updating my CV, re-checking agency sites, reading all the yachtie magazines I picked up this morning.  

Carrie is at a Bar-B-Q at a friend's house, Chris is out drinking with Aquasition crew, and I'm here at the crewhouse listening to the nine boys I live with ramble around in the kitchen...  Yes, you read that correctly... I live with NINE guys and three girls... so in TOTAL, there are 13 people living in the house.  Life around here is rocking, to say the least.  I just hope I rock some work pretty soon...  I hate not really having much to do.

So, Carrie and I had talked about going to the beach tomorrow.  We'll probably make Chris drive us since he has a truck...  more than I can say for either Carrie or myself.  Of course, it would probably be better FOR us to ride bikes there, but it would also be MUCH MORE DANGEROUS!  

Ugh...  so I want to go out and be social, but I'm kinna feeling blah and nobody is around.  I guess I'll take a nap.

No comments: