Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fort Lauderdale is PARTY TOWN!

Went to the Triton party last night...  It was more like the Triton crowd!  Not only was the saloon jam-packed, but the city block in front of and around the bar swarmed with yachties.  UNREAL!  Despite the masses, I did find some friends -- Molly and Georgia, Danielle, Melissa, Jane, Linda (one of my agents), and a couple guys from my STCW class.  Ended up giving my free drink away to Shelton...  I just can't seem to hold my liquor these days.  BUT, the food was good.  Black beans, plantains, chicken wings...  YE-HAW!  

After about an hour of "networking" (more like standing around trying to look cool while talking to people I already know and see every day), I took a cab back home.  What doesn't make sense to me is how ironic this function was.  The *purpose* of this party was to mix and mingle with others on boats...  to score jobs, right?  Well, what REALLY happened was people getting pissed out of their minds, girls showing up like they were trying to score a roll in the hay... but, maybe that's their idea of a job?  I don't know if I would want to hire someone who showed up to a networking party dressed like a call girl... yes, they want to have fun and show off their bodies, but I would also expect them to bring some respect and propriety to the boat they work on.  

What do you think? 

No comments: