Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Daywork -- WHOOPEE!!!

So, I've finished Day 2 of day work, and I must say... this girl PREFERS living the life of leisure, but enjoys having money to spend... on rent and shampoo...  I'm sure my roommates are thankful that I'm not using their shampoo, too.

We're preparing for the boat show that starts on Thursday...  today things got rather stressed as fixtures continued to be left unfixed, the "to do" list continued to grow, and more things seemed to break.  We leave tomorrow morning for our spot at the boat show, and I imagine it's going to be even MORE stressed as we work until the wee hours of the morning making everything PERFECT...  

At the moment, I'm chilling with Melissa for a RARE evening in front of the television.  It's FREEZING outside... well, 52 degrees.  Weather.com projects that the high tomorrow will be 70 but back in the 80s by Monday...  Whew!  I was worried I might not be able to wear flip-flops.  

In other news, I'm recovering from the strep quite nicely.  I have another three days of meds before I'm DONE, but I don't feel sick at all.  THANK GOD! 

Still on the job hunt...  turns out Sacajawea hired another stew who had been working on the boat for a while.  No problem.  The chief stew said she'd be glad to be a reference for me saying I'm a hard worker and I'm trustworthy to complete tasks well.  I hope everything works out for me...

Until another day...

No comments: