Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Start of Something Good...

Okay, so I can't believe that it's already "technically" Wednesday. I'm still couch surfing at Kimmie's and, while I wake up with a backache every morning, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else... okay, I can think of some other places I'd rather be, but I know this is the RIGHT place for me right now.

Today I hung out with Tracy, one of the roommates. We woke up late, showered, and headed downtown to meet Kimmie and Susan for lunch. Our first adventure was parallel parking... every time Tracy tried to turn the wheel and back up, her car would moan and groan. It was HYSTERICAL. Actually, the entire DAY was pretty funny. We often found ourselves laughing hysterically about the dumbest things. And, even though I've only known her a few days, we ended up talking about some deep stuff, too. But, that's just Tracy. She's one of those people who makes you feel comfortable enough to pour your heart out to and act silly with. I've added another member into my Charleston family.

This evening, we went to a church service in North Charleston called Genesis. It was geared more toward younger twenties with rocking worship and pretty basic teaching, and honestly I wasn't in the mood to worship. But, Tracy and Nicole didn't give me a choice, and I'm glad they forced me to go. The only song I knew during worship was "The Remedy" by David Crowder Band and it broke me to tears. Both Nicole and Tracy just held me while I wept about everything that's been going on lately... It felt good, but I was still a bundle of nerves during the teaching and I had to fight hard to keep from breaking down again. I'm kinna glad that I'll have the day alone tomorrow. I plan on going for a run, doing some serious writing about what God wants me to do, and just basking in the silence of the house.

After the service, we went to Wild Wings with some friends of Nicole's. Turns out Tuesday night is their karaoke night, so Tracy FORCED me to get up there and sing "Before He Cheats" which is quickly becoming my signature song. I wasn't really digging the whole singing thing... didn't sing a bit at the service. Honestly, just haven't been feeling like it. But, I sang it anyway. Before too long, I was laughing and smiling... now, I still feel the burn of tears behind my eyes... sometimes even laughter and good times doesn't take away the sadness.

It flurried a bit today. I'm SO glad it's warming up, though, because I am completely unprepared for the cold! In FACT, I managed to rub a NASTY blister on my heel, so I'm now sporting my flip flops. I'm okay until I think about the fact that it's 35 degrees outside and my toes are naked. But Friday it's supposed to warm up a bit. Yay!

Oh, and Tracy and I went by the Charleston Marina today and I left my card with a broker and the dockmaster. I'm emailing my CV to them, so maybe I can drum up some work? Who knows...

Anyway, that's what's happening. Leave me a message. I need to smile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know what...I think your title says it all.

And sometimes to get to that start of something good He has to break us some.

But there is always beauty in the brokenness.

Know that I am praying for you and I love you sweet friend.

(by the way you wanna authorize me in gmail so we can ichat sometime soon...would love to "talk" to you:)