Friday, January 16, 2009

On the Road... AGAIN!

So, I've been packing my stuff into my bag... again... preparing to hit the road... again... and look for a job... again. I'm beginning to think / wonder if I maybe cursed myself by calling myself a gypsy? After all, I live out of my car for the most part, I can't seem to hold down a job, have a special passion for music, and I'm a bit of a rebel... Sounds exciting, eh? Well, it has it's good days. But, usually it's nerve-wracking and frustrating. I'm sure I'll enjoy it more if I just relaxed a little. Maybe some of my friends and family can spare a Xanax or two for the sake of charity?

I was writing in my personal journal (unseen by anyone but me!) about the whole situation and my words soon became a prayer. I started thinking about how Chris had told me back in November that I had the world at my feet, and before I realized it, I shook my head. "No," I wrote. "My world is at God's feet." And even as I wrote it, the most soothing peace washed over me. Like I was being dipped in a tub of warm water. And a voice tugged at my heart asking, "But what do YOU want to do, Laina?" I didn't have to think. I KNEW I wanted to go to Charleston.

So the plan for now is to head north. I'll freeze my butt off, but I hope that my heart is warmed and readied for the days ahead. I'm trusting in God to take care of me -- financially, especially -- as I obviously am incapable of taking care of myself... Who knows what sorts of amazing opportunities I'll come across up there? Of course, there's always the flip side -- who knows what I'll MISS out on down here? But, visiting Charleston is something I've been wanting to do for the better part of a year, and God is blessing me with the chance to do it. For the first time in a LONG time, I have peace as I leave. I don't know how long it's going to be before I get back on a boat, but I KNOW that God is with me wherever I may roam.

So, I am asking that those of you reading will pray for me on the next leg of my journey. Once again, the world has opened up for me, allowing me the chance to pursue music... Charleston also has yachts, so I'll take a trip over there to see what's happening. (The general consensus is that it'll be dead, though.)

Thank you again, and check out what I did yesterday in the post below!

No comments: