Saturday, December 13, 2008

It's too early in the morning to come up with a catchy title...

Okay, so it's Saturday morning, I've been up for over an hour with nothing to do...  We leave in a few minutes for our new "home" at Bahia Mar, an hour's boat ride away.  I finished everything I needed to do yesterday -- stowing the boat... and I'm just waiting to get out of this shipyard so that I can get some serious cleaning done before the boss comes on board tomorrow morning.  

I'm a bit nervous about him coming...  what if I royally screw up?  The captain says the boss is really cool, but likes to be served...  need to have bowls of nuts out, keep drinks in their hands...  other than that, he's a jokester.  Apparently, he's bringing six buddies for a "boys trip", so I figure there's going to be a lot of crude jokes, beer drinking, and crotch scratching.  Whatever...  I'm hoping to score some tips at any rate... wouldn't THAT be sweet?  

I was thinking about how cool it is to be on a yacht...  yeah, I know you guys back home are like, "Aw, shut up, ya braggart!"  But, aside from visiting exotic locales, serving rich (and sometimes famous!) people, and following the sun, the BEST part of it all is that EVERYTHING I need is right here on the boat.  I DON'T HAVE TO PACK!  So, I'm headed to Key West either Sunday or Monday, and then next Saturday, we'll be headed to Nassau.  Guess what?  I don't have to worry about packing the right stuff, will I have enough room in my bag, will it be too heavy for security, will I need to buy more shampoo, or ANYTHING!  IT'S AWESOME! 

In other news, I SO wish I could go back to bed...  I've been up since 6:30... went to bed at 9-ish, and I'm still exhausted.  I don't have anything to do until we get into the marina... the shipyard is dusty and gross, so every time I dust a new layer settles onto the furniture!  ARGH!  Once we get away from the dirt and grime, we'll ALL be happier...  the mate will be able to keep the outside clean for longer than an hour, and I'll be able to dust and enjoy the fruits of my labor.  

Ummmmm...  I don't know... I guess that's it for now...  I just felt the engines rumble, so I guess the boys are crankin' 'er up.  More to come...

No comments: