Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Invasion of Pirates... the boss and his buddies...

Okay, so I met my boss yesterday, and I must say, he's a pretty cool guy.  This morning, I set up his omlett extravaganza station, he made a helluva mess, and I got stuck cleaning it... oh well.  That's why I'm paid the big bucks, right?  But really, he is very down to earth and approachable.  

He brought 5 of his buddies on board, so I'm the only estrogen on the vessel, and I feel like my yacht has been overrun by pirates... they leave their crap everywhere, shoes kicked off wherever they may be, and clothes all OVER their rooms.  But they are funny and laid back, so I don't mind picking up after them.  

Honestly the past two days have been much easier than I anticipated.  The boys pretty much take care of themselves -- except for cleaning UP after themselves! -- and keep to themselves.  They've gone out both nights so far, and it looks like they like to stay off the boat and in the bars as much as possible.  I say, "GO!"  Tehehe... 

Anyway, we're docked at Miami Beach Marina tonight and we're off to either Marathon Key or Key West tomorrow.  I HOPE it's Key West because I desperately need to go to the grocery store (I'm having withdrawals since I didn't go at ALL today and I went five times this past weekend!), and I was too chicken to get off the boat by myself tonight.  I know, I know... that's something I'm going to HAVE to get over.  Also, I think I'm driving my captain nuts about going to the store because he was like, "Anticipate what we'll need..."  WTF?  When the boss requests something that wasn't on my list AND we go through stuff so quickly, what am I supposed to do?  Bring home the frikkin grocery store?!  There is only SO much room in the fridge.

I'm slowly getting more weighed down that I won't be home for Christmas this year.  I know, it's part of the life I have chosen, but that doesn't make it any easier.  I will definitely miss  the traditions of gorging myself and laying around all day and seeing family and warming myself by the fire... and braving the cold to get more firewood!  But, I am hoping to keep myself busy enough that I won't notice what day it is...  that really does happen after a while.  Every day is the same when the guests are aboard, so there is never a change in routine... every day seems like Tuesday... you just started and the end isn't in sight yet.  

ANyway, I have to get up ridiculously early, so I'm turning in... Just wanted to update you all on the latest excitement!  If I know you then -- Love you, miss you, want hugs from you...  If I don't know you... well, that's just weird.

No comments: