Sunday, December 7, 2008

Being sick really sucks...

okay, so I'm coming back down with something that seems suspiciously like the strep I had back in October.  NOT COOL!!!  my throat has been getting progressively worse the past four days, i've had a steady headache for two days, and all I want to do is sleep... which i've done all weekend.  i've only been upstairs a couple times -- long enough to get some food and make a mug of tea.  the boss comes on in a week, and i still have a TON of stuff to do to get ready for my first trip on the boat.  I guess tomorrow morning I'll be going to the clinic again to get a strep test and some antibiotics.  fun.

in other news, chris, who came back from the bahamas this past week, left again on saturday.  it killed me to have to say goodbye to him again...  but, such is the life we have chosen for ourselves, right?  the trouble is that there is so much left unknown... about when we'll see each other again, what the next several months have in store for us...  and if our feelings for each other can withstand space and time.  I was thinking about all that in one of my sleepy stupors this weekend... and it kinna reminded me of those old war stories where the star-crossed lovers must say good-bye for no telling how long...  it takes a LOT of faith to hang on to something like that.  People change.  Time diminishes one's love for another...  we conjure up a fantasy about what the relationship "was"...  and then reality sets in.  


No comments: