Tuesday, December 9, 2008

don't have much to report...  just the same ole thing...  I'm working hard to get the boat ready for Key West and the Bahamas, unsure of what I'll be facing as far as provisioning goes, especially in the islands...  

We got a delivery of about 40 cases of drinks yesterday.  It was MY job to figure out where I was going to stash it all until we need it...  hehehe...  I crammed them under beds.  

Anyway, that's about all...  as weird as this may sound, I'm really enjoying the quiet of this job.  It's SO different from a 7th grade classroom...  I don't "leave" work with a headache and wondering why in the WORLD I'm doing this...  I enjoy organizing and inventorying and cleaning...  I've been kicking some galley butt cooking for the guys, too!  Tonight we had nachos, but I had to season the meat all by myself because we didn't have any taco seasoning...  turned out pretty damn good!  Last night, I baked pork loin and made a honey balsamic dipping sauce, sauteed fresh green beans, and baked potato chunks.  On Friday night, I made pasta with sundried tomatoes and alfredo sauce...  It all sounds a lot more complicated than it really was, but suffice to say I've been having a BLAST in the galley!  

So, I'll be taking off within the next few weeks... leaving American waters, and heading south for the blue seas of the Bahamas.  I've made Victor promise to take me snorkeling, and maybe I can get my SCUBA certification while I'm down there?  Who knows what will happen... 

No comments: