Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Crusin'

Okay, so I'm perched on the fly bridge (the highest deck on the boat) with the blue-green ocean stretched out in every direction.  It's SO beautiful, I just want to jump in it from here!  Yes, I've seen jellyfish all day, and there are TONS of sharks around this area... but the water is SO pretty!  
The boys (boss and guests) are on the Intrepid (our 33' tow-behind speed boat) getting lunch and bar-hopping and we are going to meet them at Mackinaw Key.  I should be doing laundry and ironing especially, but I just can't pull myself away from the view!  I should get my camera and take some pictures... the first in months.  

I did get a little queasy this morning.  Took some ginger pills and laid down in my cabin for about an hour and I've been fine since.  I'm SO trying to not use the ginger, but I think it's going to be essential until I can get my sea legs back again.  Sometimes, It's SO hard to work while we're underway.  The boat pitches and rolls (not as bad as when we're anchored out, though!) and it's all I can do to keep my balance.  Because I'm trying to keep my balance, I end up breaking into a sweat and getting hot, and the quease sets in.   I've been pretty good up til now, and I had told my captain and mate about my seasickness, so they are understanding.  As much of a pain as it is, I'm kinna glad we are moving so much this week... the sooner my sea legs will grow back!

In other news, as we were shoving off from Miami Beach Marina this morning, I saw SO many jellyfish!  I don't know what it is, but I'm fascinated by them!  The ones at the marina were like the ones I'd seen before -- clearish with a clover patter in the center, and blush-translucent with a red edge.  But when we stopped for a few minutes to pull the intrepid in, we saw this WHACKED out bug-looking jellyfish that was almost black-blue-green, floating on top of the water, with tentacles stretching a good 3-5 feet into the water.  It was CREEPY!  Looked pretty sinister...

Anyway, we've slowed the boat, so I'm gonna go find out what's going on...  AH!  The breeze is FANTASTIC!!  Later...

No comments: