Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Home sweet crew house...

Okay!  So, it's official... I'm one of the crew.  I now reside on a top bunk and I'm sitting in the living room with an Aussie, a Kiwi, and three more Americans -- one really cute Georgia boy!  Everyone is really cool...  just laid back.  One of the Kiwis is a chief stew, so I fully intend on picking her brain about everything...  She's really nice.  Anyway, I don't know what's on the agenda for tonight, but I wish I had SOMETHING to do here... Everyone has their own things to do, and I'm kinna like.... "um, I'm new, I don't know where anything is, and I don't know anyone.  Please be nice to me and take me along wherever you go."  *lip poked out and quivering*  

My safety training class doesn't start until July 7th, so I'm gonna HAVE to network.  Find some kind, charitable soul to take me under her wing until I can fly on my own.  

So, the agenda tomorrow is to interview with a couple crew agencies and maybe take a walk down to the docks to see what's going on.  Actually, before THAT, I need to find some paper to print out resumes and some business cards... 

As for now, I'm going to update my resume so I will get calls and work and money.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetpea... so you have landed on the docks hey?...Hopefully not literally.... well you could not be surrounded by a better bunch of people, I say ... kiwis and aussies... lol.. maybe I am just being bias and all, but we are some of the most earthly types of folk you will ever meet... Just remember, you have someone in high places watching out for you.... continue to step out in faith... maybe you can take that gift of yours and busk your way into the hearts of the seafolk.... love you sugar... ooxx KK