Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Jobs Jobs JOBS!!

Okay, 

So I'm sitting in the airport after an interview with the captain of New Moon.  He gave me a tour of the boat and a run down of what they do on board.  Basically, I would be cooking for the crew as the boss's wife prefers to cook when they are on board.  (Unless they go out, of course!)  Summers would be spent on the Great Lakes and winters spent between Fort Lauderdale and Bahamas.  The itinerary seems rather boring, but one never knows.  He would like a year commitment, but that is always subject to a 2-month trial period.  They would provide full medical benefits, 401k matching...  I would be one of usually three on board, but with a charter happening, there could be as many as five crew.  Before I left, the captain offered me the job...

In addition to THAT, the captain of the 116' Azimut wants to fly me up to NYC tomorrow for a face-to-face interview.  From the job description, it sounds like it might be more than I can handle, but the pay is MUCH better than New Moon.  (I don't know about benefits, taxes, or anything like that, though...)  I'm thinking about going for it anyway, getting a feel for the boat and then seeing how I feel tomorrow evening.  I just don't want to miss out on Cumberland...  I know a job is top priority, but I'm SOOO close to the trip, and I hate to have my big plans screwed up at the last minute.  

SOOO, I have big decisions to make in the next few days, I just know it.  Such is the life of a yachtie, and part of me just wishes I had ONE job possibility so that I couldn't look at the greener grass on the other side of the fence...  Welcome to LIFE!

No comments: