Saturday, November 15, 2008

"Courage is your greatest present need..."

... so said my fortune cookie today. Funny how apropos that little line is. I am about to embark on a leap of faith like no other... that seems to be quite the trend with me lately.

I called my dad tonight to update him personally (none of this blogging business between father and daughter!) on all that has been going on -- how there is NO work down here, a talent scout found my music myspace page, and how Kimmie has offered to help me get some more tracks recorded in Charleston. (I swear, I need to pay this girl for all her help! One day I'll have the opportunity to repay her for her kindness.) Anyway, I told him all that, and he gave me the advice and boost I needed to book a flight home to pick up my car and head to Chucktown for a while... I'm still keeping the yachting option open, but I'm just wasting time here in Ft. Lauderdale. And REALLY, I had a bad feeling all along about returning down here. At one point, I had to take some Xanax to calm my hysterics (my mom can vouch for that one!!). So, I'm taking a detour to my favorite city ever, and I'm crossing my fingers that I can score some gigs to save up some money to work on yachts once again when the market bounces back. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

1 comment:

Michael Bennett a.k.a Big Unit said...

You know, there's probably a classroom with bright-eyed kids in South Ga who would love to hear your guitar and stories.

I'm just sayin.....,

Michael