Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Today's Fortune Cookie says...

"You will find good fortune in love."  

Funny...  Love was the very topic of tonight's church service... Love was the topic of tonight's dinner conversation...  Hell, seems to be the topic of the month.  

My birthday was yesterday.  Whoopee.  One more year older, one more year alone...  I don't really like to celebrate birthdays.  I'm not even thirty yet, but I'm already avoiding "getting older".   Needless to say, I've done a bit of thinking in the past few days, and I've grown a bit sad that I'm swiftly approaching 30 and I still haven't found "the one."  I was fortunate enough to be born, however, in the month dedicated to love (or in a single's perspective, the lack thereof), so with all the chocolate hearts and pink and red balloons I see, I wonder when I'll ever have those things bought for me.  

Which brings us to tonight's church service.  It was called "MeHarmony" and it was about God's love for us.  How we can NEVER give away love if we haven't first accepted His love because He IS love.  It began to make me think about some things in my own life...  



We sang this song before and after the message, and it washed over me like a wave... it has been so long since I wept cleansing tears, and that is what happened to me tonight.  I wept away all the junk that has been hounding me for weeks as I felt the Lord's arms wrap around me and pull me close.  Nobody on this earth could ever love me like God has loved me.  Nobody would take me back again and again after all I've done.  Nobody would endure the torture and agony of execution in my place.  Nobody.  But God isn't human.  He doesn't see like we see, or feel like we feel, or love like we love.  And I am so glad for that.  

So, as I drove home tonight, I realized that I have already had the greatest fortune in love.  We all have.  


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so right my friend...

and that song, oh that song speaks to my heart so very often. In fact I downloaded both versions of the song...Kim Walkers version brings me to tears and joy and John Mark McMillian (who wrote the song) and his version make me weep because of the story behind this song (you can hear it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chx6s3qXKt4)
I have often thought of you when listening to this song because it is so beautifully poetic and descriptive...I am glad it touch you in such a beautiful way.

I am so glad of the work our God is doing in your heart my friend...I hope this song continues to touch you...

And I am so glad for cleansing tears...wonderful cleansing tears,

I cannot WAIT to SEE YOU :)

I love you sweet sisterfriend.