Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Next Step... for now.

What a wild ride my life has been these past few months! And, it only continues to get more wild! I went to the doctor on Thursday, sat through a few hours of an IVP and the mortifying two minutes of a cystoscope only to be told that my renal function looked perfect and there was nothing the doc could do for me. Unsure of whether to be elated or concerned, I drove home believing I have experienced a miracle. I'm healed, I suppose? I've decided to not do anything unless I have more problems. So there.

But, my finances have continued to hound me. I have REALLY gotten myself into a world of hurt, and if I don't find a job QUICKLY, there's no TELLING what is going to happen to me. My parents have been wonderful, especially my mom. She's agreed to pay for my health insurance, car insurance, and car payment until I can get money to pay her back. Of course, I'm mortified and ashamed of myself for being almost 30 and still dependent upon my PARENTS for support. As a result, I've not said much of anything for the past several weeks. The tension in our house has been pretty palpable as I creep around just trying to stay below the radar. The other day, my mom and I had an argument that turned into a heart-to-heart... complete with weeping and confessions and hugs and "i love yous". We unloaded all we'd been holding in for the past few weeks -- she asked me if I was angry with her, and I confessed that I was ashamed of myself. I told her how she'd hurt me with some of the things she said, and she apologized for her poor communication. It was healing to talk to her again, like friends again.

I got an email yesterday about a 198' boat looking for a stew/cook. It's a beautiful boat with 16 crew members from England, Australia, South Africa, Canada, Peru, and the US. It sounded great, and I hope it works out!! Finally, I think my fortune is turning around! YES!

No comments: