Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My head is SPINNING!!!

Okay, so this morning EVERYTHING changed.

Last night, I was planning on flying into Fort Lauderdale on April 15th, meeting with the boat I heard from, and deciding from there whether I wanted to join them or not. Last night, I thought I had plenty of time to prepare, catch up with friends and family, and pack. Last night, I figured I'd still be broke for another few weeks.

But, this morning, I opened my email to find a note from the chief stew requesting that I meet them in Savannah, work with them for the rest of the week, ride down to Miami, serve at the party they are hosting, and decide if I want to stay with them. Of course, I'll be paid like a day worker, so I won't be just VOLUNTEERING my time. What a PERFECT idea, I thought... except that I am flying Air Tran, and they don't serve Savannah. SO, I am flying into Charleston and taking a train to Savannah. CHARLESTON?? SO, I get to hang out with my girls for another night! YES!

Of course, I am sacrificing some things to leave early... Christy and I were supposed to go to a concert this Friday and to church on Sunday. I was supposed to paint more of my parents' house to earn money. I was *hoping* to sell my car! But, all those things have changed... as always seems to happen in yachting.

Anyway, there is SO much more I wanted to write, but I can't remember it right now. Plus, it's late and I REALLY need to get some sleep before my looooong day of travel tomorrow... um, today. Ooooh boy. Let the fun begin...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! When I was working on yachts the same sort of thing would happen to me, the phone would ring, often while I was scrounging change from between the sofa cushions, and suddenly I was off on another adventure.

Save, save, save! Especially in these times, you just never know. Even some very fat cats yacht owners are experiencing very sudden reversals of fortune. Be a miser.

Hope it works out. Multi - national boats like you're checking out can be a lot of fun. Much better than when you're the only yank amongst a bunch of brits for example.

Have fun!