Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Day 4: Kid's Camp

The second day of camp was just as wonderful as the first. The kids were as receptive and sweet. At the end of the day, the boys and girls sang a good-bye song to us... it almost made Kimmie and I cry! But what REALLY tore at our hearts was when we were loading the van, some of the girls teared up and lingered by us. They were so precious. We gave them hugs and told them that we would be back again.

I spoke with Patrick today about his testimony...  He spent two years as a child soldier -- after watching his sisters raped and murdered, his parents tortured, and his brothers abducted.  After escaping the LRA, he found schools to give him work and an education and he worked his way back into society.  He has an AMAZING story that I pray is recorded some day.  If God wills it, I'd do it myself! 

No comments: