Monday, June 15, 2009

Update... and my agenda for the next few weeks...

Alrighty... SO, the Atlanta American Idol plan crumbled like sand through my fingertips yesterday. Turns out I didn't have enough money in my debit for the car rental company to charge to my account... It was getting to stressful anyway. SO, here is my tentative agenda for the next few weeks...

1. Help Keith deliver Lucky Dog to Key West tomorrow... return June 18th or 19th.
2. Prep Pastime for a trip to the Abacos... and go on the trip! Return on July 3rd.
3. Rent a car and go to Key West for July 4th to perform at a dock party for almost ALL of Nascar drivers... PAID GIG!!!
4. Take the train to Orlando for the American Idol auditions on July 7-9...

I was really hoping to hear back from a 130' Westport who needed a Stew/Deck... the captain told me he'd contact me by Monday, but I've heard nothing... I worked for them on Thursday, and honestly, if he'd wanted to hire me, he'd have contacted me by now. Whatever. It just stinks because I *of course* made friends with people on the boat -- especially the deckhand, Max, who also plays guitar. Oh well. Maybe we'll run into each other if I can ever get to New England this summer.

I'm starting to get nervous about this trip on Pastime. I've been keeping contact with the chef, Iain, and he's telling me that I'm onboard for the trip... but, I don't know if I'm hired for temporary or permanent. Plus, I don't know when they are expecting me to move on board. There is definitely enough to keep me occupied until we leave June 24th... and I'd rather be working on Pastime than delivering the boat to Key West... I'd be making money at least!!

Anyway, Keith just handed me a salon gift card for $25! Is my HORRIBLE hair that obvious?! I haven't had a trim since September... trim or color, that is. HA! In desperate need for a fix-up, ya think?

No comments: